October is a great time of year—not only do we get to enjoy all the beauty of fall, but we get the fun of Halloween! If you are looking for some spooky fun, here are some great ways to celebrate Halloween in Memphis.
- VolleyBOO! If you love playing sand volleyball, gather your team and sign up for this tournament. It will be held on October 21st at the Railgarten Sand Volleyball Courts. Players are encouraged to wear costumes and there will be a prize awarded to the best costume. There are also cash prizes for the winning teams.
- Halloween Martini Tasting. On October 28th at D&S Gatherings, come dressed in your best Halloween costume and enjoy tasting martinis. Your ticket will include six Martini samples, one full-size Martini of your choice, hors d’oeuvres, desserts, and live entertainment.
- Cooper Street Massacre. This is the biggest Halloween costume party in the area. Head to The Haunted Sanctuary (1015 Cooper Street) on October 28th for the most fun.
Which of these Halloween events are you most interested in attending? If you need a new car this year, please come visit us at Gossett VW Germantown, and we will help you find the perfect used car to fit your lifestyle.
There are many ways to get into the Halloween spirit but there’s none better than paying a visit to a haunted house or trail. Tennessee happens to be home to many excellent attractions designed to inspire fright and thrills leading up to Halloween. Here at Gossett VW, we know of some wonderful Memphis haunted houses and trails that you should visit this fall!
- Wicked Ways Haunted House – The Wicked Ways Haunted House is widely considered to be the largest indoor haunt in the area. The attraction is filled with zombies, clowns, ghosts, and many scarier obstacles to overcome. The haunt is open on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from September 30th to Halloween night.
- Shadowlands Festival of Fear – Located in Millington, the Shadowlands Festival of Fear is open on Friday and Saturdays leading up to Halloween. Doors open at 7pm. Jones Orchard operates a kid-friendly corn maze, hayride, and pumpkin patch until 10 pm so families have something to enjoy together.
- Haunted Web of Horrors – The Haunted Web of Horrors is located in Cordova and is arguably the best haunted house in the Memphis area. There are multiple haunts to explore. Tormented takes visitors on a walk through an insane asylum, while Dark Matter boasts a labyrinth designed to frighten even the toughest of customers.
Oh no! It’s Halloween night and your child doesn’t have a costume for Trick or Treating! What do you do? Fortunately for you, there are plenty of creative and creepy last minute Halloween costumes.
The ghost is always a classic. Not only is it super spooky, but it’s also easy to make. All you need is an old white sheet and a pair of scissors to make sure your little ghoul can see.
A Bag of Jelly Beans
This one is pretty creative. What you do is take a clear garbage bag and cut holes in it so your child can fit inside. Then, fill the bag with balloons of different colors. Their costume will be a treat in itself.
If your child has a nice suit and a pair of sunglasses, than they have everything they need for the perfect secret agent costume. Not only is it simple, but it’s simply cool!