While most people spend Halloween night either passing out candy or walking through the streets with their trick-or-treaters, some of us may need to do some driving. If you need to get in the car, here are some driving tips for Halloween to help keep everyone safe along the way.
- Put away any potential distractions in your car, like your phone or food. Turn off the radio and roll the windows down if possible so you can better hear those walking around you.
- Drive slowly and be extra vigilant while driving through residential neighborhoods. Kids can be very excited on Halloween and do not always act predictably.
- When pulling in or leaving your driveway, drive carefully and look out for any walkers coming your way.
- Make sure you come to a complete stop at all intersections to give any walkers a chance to cross. Try to make eye contact with them so they know you are letting them cross.
- If kids dart out into the street, do not honk at them. Let them cross.
- Turn on your headlights, even if the sun is still up, to give you better visibility and make it easier for any kids to see you.
- Most communities hold trick-or-treat between 5:30-9:30 p.m., so be extra alert during that time.
Everyone here at Gossett VW Germantown wishes you and yours a safe and happy Halloween!
If you are like the majority of working Americans, then you have to drive to work every day, which means that you want a car that will make your commute easier and more enjoyable. According to CarGurus, the 2018 Volkswagen Passat GT fits that bill, earning the title of one of its Top Cars for Your Commute.
CarGurus included the Passat GT because of its great fuel economy and strong engine. “With 280 horsepower, its powerful 3.6-liter V6 engine has enough power to keep commuters going on their daily drive,” says Matt Smith, Senior Editor at CarGurus.
The Passat GT is powered by a 3.6-liter VR6® engine rated at 280 horsepower and 258 lb-ft of torque. This is paired with a six-speed DSG® automatic transmission. Together, this combination offers an EPA-estimated 19 mpg in the city and 28 mpg on the highway. *
Setting the Passat GT apart from the rest of the Passat lineup is its sporty styling cues that include R-line® bumpers, LED headlights and taillights, 19-inch aluminum alloy-wheels with black accents, red brake calipers, and red accents in the honeycomb grille.
Inside, it comes with lots of technology to keep you entertained on your drive. Features include a 6.3-inch touch screen, Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay™, and VW’s Car-Net® smartphone integration.
To see the award-winning Passat GT up close and personal, stop into Gossett VW Germantown.
*EPA estimates only. Actual mileage may vary.
There are hatchbacks, and then there’s the Volkswagen Golf R. This thrilling little five-door brings a unique combination of practicality and performance to the table. It balances a maximum of 52.7 cubic feet of cargo space with 292 horsepower. This zippy little hatchback even reaches 60 mph in 4.5 seconds, which means that the Golf R can meet your passenger and cargo needs while meeting your need for speed.
The Golf R is a seemingly simple vehicle. At first glance it appears to only serve as a cozy family car or a daily commuter. But details like the new 19-inch wheels and the dual exhaust with quad tips indicate this Golf has just as much focus on performance as it does comfort and convenience. Powered by a 2.0-liter turbo engine and featuring an all-wheel drive system, the Golf R offers the type of ride that will make daily errands something to look forward to.
This hatchback is smart, too. It features Volkswagen’s Car-Net system which connects the driver to maps, helpful information like weather and traffic, plus entertainment via smartphone compatibility. Its 5-star NHTSA safety rating makes it a rational choice for all of your driving needs.
Visit us at Gossett VW Germantown to take the Golf R out for a test drive. You’ll be pleasantly surprised to experience the unbeatable performance that this unique hatchback has to offer.